Research & Surveys Applications
In order to be considered, the following guidelines for submitting and receiving approval of a proposal should be followed:
- Prior to conducting research or surveys in Nebo School District, approval must be obtained from the District Curriculum Staff Committee.
- In order to conduct research or implement a survey, a Research Project Application must be completed and submitted to the Coordinator of Research.
- Research Project Applications must be accompanied by a project proposal and must include a copy of the instruments that will be used.
- Research projects that require the participation of teachers and/or students during the first thirty days or the last thirty days of the school year will generally not be approved.
- Research proposal approval will generally be limited to those projects that complete the requirements associated with a graduate thesis, dissertation or practicum. A copy of the sponsoring college/university’s approval letter and IRB letter must be attached to the application.
- Approval of the Research Project Application by the Curriculum Staff Committee authorizes the applicant to proceed with the research/survey. Committee approval does not obligate the participation of any school or employee.
- Following committee approval:
a. No changes in methodology or instrumentation may be made unless approved by the Curriculum Staff Committee.
b. A $100.00 refundable deposit is required. This deposit is to ensure that a copy of the research findings is shared with Nebo School District. Once a copy of the research results are received by the Coordinator of Research, the $100.00 deposit will be refunded.
- Upon completion of the research project, a copy of the research findings is to be submitted to the Coordinator of Research.
If you have further questions concerning research/surveys within Nebo School District, please contact Suzanne Kimball, Coordinator of School Services. She may be reached by calling 354-7467, or emailing email@example.com.