(more pictures available)
Goshen School is so excited to bring the NOVA program to our sixth graders! The NOVA program is based on the principles of Nurturing Opportunities, Values and Accountability. It is presented by local law enforcement, and we are lucky to have Deputy Taylor from the Utah County Sheriff's Office teaching our students how to Illuminate the Path to Excellence. The NOVA program will be held every Friday afternoon until December, when the students will have a special NOVA Graduation to acknowledge their excellence in the program.
(more pictures available)
A HUGE thanks goes out to all of the grandparents that came and read to their grandchildren last week. The kids enjoyed having some special time to sit and listen to their grandparents read them a story, and have a special treat with them. It was a fun time, and the kids loved it! Thanks to the PTA for funding Grandparent's Day!
(more pictures available)
We would like to officially introduce our Mascot, Spirit the Falcon, to our school! We had a contest to name him, and the school picked the name Spirit, which is the perfect name for our school mascot!
We are going to be using Spirit in a weekly Website/Facebook contest we are calling "Where is Spirit Wednesday". Every Wednesday, we will post a picture of Spirit somewhere in our school. Students will have until Friday morning, before school, to figure out where he is and fill out the form in the office and turn it in. (Please note...he is not actually hiding in that spot. He just had a picture taken there.) On Friday Morning just before announcements, Mrs. DeGraffenried will pick a name from the bucket and she will pick a winner from the correct guesses to win some fun prizes! Spirit could be hiding ANYWHERE around our school in these pictures, so pay attention, and GOOD LUCK!!! (The contest will start NEXT Wednesday!)
We are excited to announce that we are going to be doing Parents and Pastries again this year! We will be starting with the 1st Graders this year. Parents will meet in the library on Monday, September 11th at 1:45. Please bring your favorite picture book to share with a group of children.
Tomorrow marks Goshen's Grandparent's Day! We are so excited to have Grandparents come and see our school! The students will have the opportunity to listen to their grandparents read to them. The activity starts at 9:30 and will go until 10:00 (PM Kindergarten's grandparents will come from 2:45-3:10) The PTA will be providing a treat at the end of the activity.
Grandparents are also welcome to join their grandchildren for lunch tomorrow. A sign-up sheet was sent home with the newsletter last week that will need to be filled out and brought back in order to eat lunch. An adult lunch costs $4.00.
School is off to a GREAT start! Here are some important dates coming up in September that you will want to remember:
9/7-Room Mother's Tea 3:30 in the Library
9/11-1st Grade Parents and Pastries
9/18-Early Out Day--School is out at NOON
Watch our Website for more information as these dates get closer!
If you have a child attending Goshen's preschool this year, you are invited to the Open House on Tuesday, September 5th from 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Don't forget, there is NO SCHOOL on Monday! Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend, and we'll see you on Tuesday!
(more pictures available)
The Falcons at Goshen Elementary had a GREAT first week, last week! Among the festivites were the Annual Flag Raising ceremony done by Mrs. DeGraffenried and Mrs. Openshaw's 6th grade class. The students had fun getting to know their new teachers, and we had a hot dog roast during Back to School Night. We, at Goshen School, are SO excited and are looking forward to a GREAT year!
Please come to Back to School Night, Thursday August 22nd, at 6:00 pm. We will meet in the lunchroom for a few minutes, and then students and parents will be allowed to visit their teachers' classrooms for a little bit more detailed look at the school year. Please join us for a Hot Dog BBQ afterwards on the East field behind the school.
Walk in registration is TOMORROW, August 1st from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have completed all your online registration (you should have received an email letting you know you successfully registered) you do NOT need to come in to register your student(s) tomorrow.
- If you are returning students to Goshen and have NOT completed your online registration before TOMORROW, you need to come in and register your student(s). We will have chrome books for you to use. Staff will be there to help you. (All students must complete the online registration process.)
- If you are new to Goshen, you will need to come in to the school to provide proof of residency, birth certificates, and immunizations, and receive your student ID# (which you need to register as an existing student).
- If you are a returning student with medical concerns and/or legal custody has changed, you will need to bring that information to the school tomorrow.
If your student is registered before TOMORROW you will be able to access their class placement through SIS. As a reminder, this is the Student Information System we use to look up any contact information. I strongly encourage you to visit this site regularly to make sure all information is correct (Phone numbers, Contacts, Addresses, etc.)
Our PTA will also be there tomorrow.
As always, if you have questions, need your student ID#'s or you need help completing your online registration please feel free to call the school (801) 667-3361.
Attention ALL Parents!
Would you like to serve on Goshen Elementary 2017-2018 School Community Council?
Goshen Elementary School Community Council (SCC) serves as an advisory council to the school administration.
State law establishes the following guidelines:
- The SCC will consist of parents, employees and the principal.
- The SCC will be elected by vote. Parents will elect parents and staff members will elect staff members.
- The SCC will meet for one hour monthly. The day and time will depend on the elect parents' schedule. We will set that at our first meeting in September.
- The SCC will address many issues that may include, but not limited to, Trust Lands Planning, Building Needs Assessments, School Improvement Plans, etc.
- The SCC will compile an annual performance report of the school to be sent to the Nebo School Board.
If you are interested in running in the election for School Community Council, please email the information at the bottom of this sheet to the principal (email@example.com) by August 22, 2017.
The election will run August 25 - Sept. 1.
Name(s) of child(ren) attending Goshen: ______________________________________________________________
Estimados padres y tutores:
Este correo es para informar que ya está el sitio de registro en línea de la escuela primaria de Goshen abrir para registrar su estudiante (s) para el próximo año escolar 2017-18. Este enlace es vivir ahora hasta julio 31st. El sitio de registro se encuentra en goshen.nebo.edu/registration. Siga los pasos de inscripción en la lista. Incluyen:
- Verificar & introducir información en Aspire
- Haciendo una donación/compra de un Anuario.
- Solicitar almuerzo gratis o reducido
Todos 1st tiempo Goshen estudiantes y para los cuales uno de ellos ha cambiado debe entregar la documentación necesaria a Goshen Elementary el 1 de agostost. Esto incluye:
- Prueba de residencia
- Prueba de custodia
- Plan de atención médica
- Me mmunization registro
- Información de salud del estudiante
- Autorización de estudiante medicina
- Primaria casa idioma (aparte del inglés)
Cámara registro: 01 de agosto de 2017 de 8:00 – 16:00
Esto es sólo para aquellos que:
- no completar el registro en línea y necesita una computadora para hacerlo.
- son el primer tiempo Goshen estudiantes obligados a devolver documentación.
- Vuelven los estudiantes con los cambios a la custodia, médica o estatus de residencia. (Favor de traer la documentación con usted).
Profesor asignaciones estará disponibles el 31 de juliost a los estudiantes que han completado el proceso de registro en línea y no es necesario llevar documentación a la escuela. Tareas de maestro solo se aprecian a través del SIS . http://www.nebo.edu/parents/sis
¡PTA de Gosén tiene una nueva página web! El enlace está en la Página Web de la escuela bajo PTA. (goshenutpta.ourschoolpages.com) tiene un paquete de inscripción en línea disponible (afiliación, donación, SWISH, camisetas, etcetera.) ¡¡¡Mira esto!!!
Conocen a los maestros De puertas abiertas se celebrarán el 21 de agostost de 2:00 – 15:00
Si usted tiene preguntas, por favor llame a la oficina entre 9:00 – 13:00 lunes-el jueves.
Gracias por su apoyo en este proceso.
Estoy emocionado por la escuela empezar!!!
La Sra. DeGraffenried
The Goshen Elementary School ONLINE REGISTRATION site is now open to register your student(s) for the upcoming 2017-18 school year. This link is live now until July 31st. The registration site is found at goshen.nebo.edu/registration (It is also on the links at the left). Follow the registration steps listed there. They include:
- Verifying & inputting information into Aspire
- Making a donation/purchasing a yearbook.
- Applying for Free/Reduced Lunch
All 1st time Goshen students and students for whom one of these has changed must deliver the necessary documentation to Goshen Elementary on August 1st. This includes:
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Custody
- Medical Care Plan
- Immunization Record
- Student Health Information
- Authorization of Student Medication
- Primary Home Language (Other than English)
Walk-in Registration: August 1, 2017 from 8:00 am – 4 pm
This is only for those who:
- did not complete online registration and need a computer to do so.
- are first time Goshen Elementary students required to turn in documentation.
- Are returning students with changes to custody, medical or residency status. (Please bring the documentation with you.)
Teacher assignments will be available on July 31st to students who have completed the online registration process and do not need to bring documentation to the school. Teacher assignments can be seen through SIS only. http://www.nebo.edu/parents/sis
Goshen PTA has a new webpage! The link is on our school webpage under PTA. (goshenutpta.ourschoolpages.com) It has an online Registration packet available (membership, donation, SWISH, T-shirts, etc.) Check it out!!!!
Meet the Teachers/Open House will be held on August 21st from 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
If you have questions, please call the office between 9 am – 1 pm on Monday –Thursday.