Nebo School District Bond
Please Remember to Vote
This election will use mail-in ballots. (Mailed to registered voters the week of October 16, 2018)
Congratulations to Grant Gardner in his Individual Boys Cross Country first place finish. Our Lady Red Devil Cross Country team also took the State 5A Title. Both the Daily Herald and Desert News have articles on our Springville Cross Country teams and the 5A State Meet.
Individual Girls 5A time results
5A Girls Individual Results:
5A Girls Team Results
5A girls team results:
5A Boys Individual Time Results
1. Grant Gardner, Springville, 15:26.8;2. Mark Boyle, Corner Canyon, 15:32.7; 3. Andrew Crowther, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 4. Creed Thompson, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 5. Thomas Boyden, Skyline, 15:45.4; 6. Jason Davis, Woods Cross, 15:50.8; 7. Alex Harbertson, Corner Canyon, 15:55.8; 8. Ian Valentine, Alta, 16:02.6; 9. Caleb Johnson, Corner Canyon, 16:03.6; 10. Dalton Mortensen, Bountiful, 16:04.4; 11. Ben Brockbank, Skyridge, 16:04.8; 12. Skyler Spence, Olympus, 16:04.9; 13. Nate Beltran, Corner Canyon, 16:09.0; 14. Isaac Berlin, Timpanogos, 16:10.1; 15. Calvin Boyce, Timpview, 16:10.9; 16. Arik Manwaring, Corner Canyon, 16:13; 17. Davin Thompson, Skyridge, 16:14.0; 18. Sam Sanft, Timpview, 16:18.8; 19. Jalen Anderton, Farmington, 16:20.4; 20. Jackson Dymond, Olympus, 16:21.4.
5A Boys Team Results
1. Corner Canyon 47; 2. Skyridge 59; 3. Farmington 144; 4. Timpanogos 152; 5. Springville 157; 6. Timpview 179; 7. Olympus 183; 8. Skyline 189; 9. Woods Cross 253; 10. Alta 267; 11. Bountiful 288; 12. Provo 315; 13. Jordan 343; 14. Murray 357; 15. Highland 361; 16. Box Elder 369.
You can find a list of four Early Voting locations or vote on Election Day at twenty-four locations found here: utahcounty.gov/elections.
All invited to the #savethekids free Parent Education Night sponsored by Nebo School District on November 5, 2018, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Springville High audirorium at 1205 East 900 South in Springville, Utah.
Collin Kartchner and Dr. Katey McPherson will lead a discussion on:
This is Red Ribbon Week! The theme is “Life is Your Journey." Each day has a sub-theme, an activity, and questions which will be discussed in each class. The discussions will include things we CAN do to to help.
Students, plan on staying for lunch this week for some lunchtime activities.
Families can also benefit from discussing the questions together each day and talking about what you CAN do. See below for some of the questions and the activities for each day.
Monday: “On your journey don’t look back, you’re not going that way.”
- Question: When you have struggles it doesn’t mean you are bad. How can you help your classmates not feel that way? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: Listen to music from the decades with your fellow classmates.
Tuesday: “On your journey reach for the stars.”
- Question: I see negative comments on social media that are mean to people. I don’t want to get in the middle. What CAN I do?
- Lunchtime activity: Photo op with Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion.
Wednesday: “On your journey aim for the win.”
- Question: We live in a “selfie” world. How can I think more about others than myself? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: Come shoot some baskets with your friends in the gym with prizes for baskets made.
Thursday: “On your journey have fun.”
- Question: One moment doesn’t define you. How can you get past that moment and see your worth? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: “Minute to Win it” games in the library. Play a game and get a piece of PIZZA!
Friday: “On your journey choose to be drug/violence free. CHOOSE KIND!
- Question: Life can be hard but it is worth it. What can you do to remember this and carry these suggestions with you beyond Red Ribbon Week?
- Lunchtime activity: Wear your “Choose Kind” or “You Make the Difference” shirt. If you don’t have one wear red.
Please join Nebo School District and Utah Parent Center for a support meeting on helping your student think functionally and become more organized at home and at school.
Thursday, Ocotober 25th, 7:00 pm at the Nebo School District CTE Building (350 South Main Street, Spanish Fork).
Introducing Red Devil Floral! Support our Floriculture students who make these beautiful flower arrangements each month. Octobers monthly arrangement will be similar to shown here, though color and sizes of flowers may vary slightly. To order this month's arrangement for $20 (add $5 to have it delivered) visit the order form HERE, orders are due by October 19th. You can order the arrangements month by month or pay for an entire year of arrangements, to join the year long flower club please visit www.springviileffa.com.
Follow them on Instagram @reddevilfloral
It's Hope Week! The Hope Squad has activities planned for each day, ending the week with the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Make sure to read the weekly newsletter for all the school announcements and activities.
HOSA, along with the Red Cross, will be hosting a Blood Drive Tuesday, October 9th from 8:00am to 2:00pm in the Auditorium. Come save a life by donating blood. Any adult is welcome to donate, students must have a signed parental permission slip form. You may sign up for a time with Mrs. Caras or walk-ins are welcome, but may have to wait.
Sterling Scholar applications are available in Mr.s Douglas' room E-5 and in the Counseling office. The Sterling Scholar Awards recognize and award High School seniors that pursue excellence in sholarships, commuity service, and leadership. If you are interested in the Sterling Scholar Scholarship please pick up an application today.
Join us for a Nebo bond meeting in the SHS Library, this Wednesday, October 3rd, from 6:00 to 7:00pm. Please visit the Nebo School District Bond Page for more information.
Here are a few of the important events going on this week:
Be sure to click on the newsletter for all of the upcoming school events. http://bit.ly/2NTeKT3
The PSAT test will be held at Springville High School Saturday, October 13th, 8:00am to Noon. We have 25 tests that can be purchased at the finance office for $20.00. The tests are available on a first come first serve basis. Please bring your reciept to the counseling office for a student practice booklet.
You should take this test if:
You need practice on the SAT
You consistently score in the 90th percentile on the standardized tests (if you score in the 90th percentile on this test you qualify for a National Merit Scholarship)
Did you know that we email students, and their parents/guardians, a newsletter every Monday? In the newsletter you will find the weekly activities for the school, including our current sports, extra curricular activities, and other helpful information. Please be sure to look over the newsletter each week so you are in the know!
It's Homecoming week! There is a school activity planned for each day this week, make sure you come for all the fun.
The Annual BOOSTER CLUB BREAKFAST will be held Saturday, September 29, 2018, from 8-10 am at the Football Field! Tickets are $5 per person and all proceeds go to support the Springville High School athletic teams!
Springville offers ACT preperation classes. Each class $50.00, payable at the finance office, and will be held over two Saturdays from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm. The first class will be October 6th and 13th, just in time for the October 27th ACT. There will be a second class offered November 17th and December 1st, in preperation for the December 8th ACT. For more testing information please visit the counseling website.
Apparel is now available in the school store at SHS. Shirts ($15) and sweatshirt ($25) are available in sizes XS-XXL, the hat is a one-size snap back ($25). Check out the school store page or stop by the school store.
Hours are Monday - Friday 7:30 am-2:30 pm. Apparel may be purchased with cash, check, or card.
Parent Teacher Conference is Tonight, Wednesday, Spetember 19th. Teachers will be available from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the main gym and cafeteria.
Come explore career pathways and see what the future holds. 5-8 pm at the Mountainland Technical College Lehi Campus. Come "taste-test" different careers! Parents and students will be invited to taste test careers. Many hands on experience will be available from many different industries. Free ice cream will be served to all those in attendance. This is a free event and is open to everyone, So bring your family and come get the scoop on technical education!
This event is in collaboration with Mountainland Technical College, Alpine School District, Nebo School District and Utah Valley University.You can find more information on this event by visiting FACEBOOK.
Get your SHS Homecoming Tailgate Meal from Springville FFA!! BBQ MEAL for FOUR PEOPLE $42 - includes ribs, corn, salad, rolls, dessert plus a picnic pack! Contact your favorite SHS Member to purchase and/or go to www.springvilleffa.com for more information. Ticket sales end this Friday, September 21st. Meals will be available for pick up, hot and ready to eat, before the Homecoming game Friday, 9/28.