The school Make-A-Wish Ball was a huge success last night! Thanks to Mr. Claybaugh and all those who helped in making these last two weeks so amazing as we have raised money for Make-A-Wish. Our goal to begin was to earn $1000, we surpassed that goal by a long way! Thanks to the generosity of our students and community DFJHS raised $2,089.19! THANK YOU to all who were kind and donated. We are excited for our Make-A-Wish assembly coming up on Monday, April 23rd at 8 AM. Teachers will follow through with their challenges, and our Make-A-Wish child will be here for a wonderful time, we are excited.
(more pictures available)
Our very own Ashlyn Jackman was recently crowned as Utah Miss Amazing. Utah Miss Amazing has been bringing the community together to celebrate the abilities of girls and women with disabilities. Since our the first year holding the event, in 2012, Utah Miss Amazing has grown and spread its influence to include girls and women from all over the state of Utah and has been held in the greater Salt Lake area and Logan. Utah Miss Amazing's goal is to empower all of those around us to realize and reach their potential. We strive to inspire, motive, and encourage all in a loving and supportive environment. Ashlyn will get to attend the national competition this August in Chicago.
We are pleased to announce a school ball (dance) to help support our Make-A-Wish fundraiser. The ball will take place this Thursday, April 19th from 6-8 PM in the school cafeteria. Best dressed is required, NO students from other schools will be allowed into the dance. The cost is $3 for students with a student ID and $5 for students without their ID.
(more pictures available)
Mrs. Olson, our wonderful librarian taught a "Book Tasting" lesson to Mrs. Anderson's Novel's and Literature class last week. Students were to find 3 books from 5 different genres that sounded interesting to them. Once students learned a bit more about the books they chose they were able to taste some cookies and soda. It was a great way to learn more about some new books!
As we begin our end of year testing the counseling office has put together a list of tips to help our students and test time go smoothly:
- Get a Good Night's Sleep-This gives your brain time to recharge and remember what you've learned.
- Eat a good, light breakfast-This will help with energy and concentration, also drink lots of WATER!
- Stay Calm-When you sit down to do your exam, remember to relax and slow your breathing.
- Don't Rush-Work through the exam at a comfortable pace and read each question more than once if needed.
- Trust Yourself-Be postive and believe in yourself, you can do this!
We are raising money for our Make-A-Wish and need your help students! Bring $1 tomorrow as a donation and wear a hat all day, in school! If each student brought one dollar we would reach our goal of $1000. Thanks for your support!!
Mrs. Valgardson was recognized in faculty meeting by her peers as the Diamond Fork Peak (Positive Energy And Kindness) Award winner. Mrs. "V" as she known by her students is such a fantastic teacher and fellow employee. She is hardworking, reliable, positve, fun, and all around amazing. She is willing to do anything asked of her with a smile on her face. She is approachable and students know that she has their best interst in mind. We are so happy to have her here at Diamond Fork!
Dear Nebo School District Parent,
April is Child Abuse Prevention month and we are excited to announce a way for you to get involved in this important cause. During this month we are inviting all of our parents to take part in a free child abuse prevention training through Prevent Child Abuse Utah. This interactive course only takes 30 minutes and you will be awarded a certificate once the course is completed. It’s simple, just go to the website: https://pcautah.org and complete the registration indicating that you are a parent from our district. Then complete the parent course entitled “Preventing Child Sexual Abuse-An Online Course for Parents.” The information in this engaging presentation will empower you with knowledge that will provide greater protection for your children. Thank you for taking the time to complete the course.
Student Services Department
- Thank You to all of those who helped by donating towards our PTA fundraiser this year. We appreciate the support from our parents and students. The following classes will be awarded with their prizes for having the most notes returned.
- 1st Place- Mr. Clark's 5th Period Class
- 2nd Place- Mr. Mrs. Barber's 3rd Period Class
- 3rd Place-Mr. Clark's 7th Period Class
- 4th Place-Mr. Bingham's 6th Period Class
Students and faculty at Diamond Fork sported their Best Dress concert attire for the traditional fine arts assembly. The choirs, bands, orchestras, guitar, visual arts, and drama programs were all highlighted. The third-year drama students hosted and began the assembly with a student-written and directed skit of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure in the Arts at Diamond Fork."
Congratulations to Diamond Fork 9th grader, Amanda Pratt. She won 3rd place in Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics at the Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair.
Spring Break 2018 is here! Students will be off from school from Monday April 2- Friday April 6. Please be safe and enjoy the break!
Diamond Fork track team captains, Coy McBride and Jessica Lee, represented Diamond Fork at the Nebo School District's Captain's Academy.
Diamond Fork 9th graders were treated with a powerful ending to their study of Shakespeare's classic "Romeo and Juliette" by having BYU Young Theater Company come to Diamond Fork for a live performance of "Romeo y Julieta," a bilingual adaptation of Romeo and Juliette.
(more pictures available)
Congratulations to those students who achieved a GPA of 3.5 or higher for 3rd term. The following are students with Honors 3.5-3.69 GPA. High Honors, 3.7-3.99, and a BIG congrats to those with a 4.0, well done!
You can now donate to the PTA March Madness fundraiser online! This is the one and only funraiser done for our school each year. The PTA has tried to make it as simple as possible, just click on the following link to donate. . . .
Just log on to www.lagoonpark.com and use the promo code NEBO18 for the discount!
For the 2018 season, Lagoon will be introducing the “Summer Fever Fundraiser”. We are hoping to seize the excitement for summer by giving students and families a jump starts on Summer Fun at Lagoon. The Summer Fever Fundraiser will offer an exclusive discount to Utah School Families, and the Education Foundations will reap the benefits. Details are listed below.
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT LAGOON DAY
Tickets ONLY valid on the following dates: March 31- April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 26-28
- Regular prices is $62.99 YOUR PRICE is ONLY $44.00 plus tax!
- Lagoon will donate $3 to the Nebo Foundation
- We’re excited to announce that Diamond Fork Junior High School has earned ENERGY STAR® certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).The next time you visit, check out the little blue label on display at our entrance – it represents proven, verified superior energy performance over a 12-month period. In fact, ENERGY STAR certified buildings and plants perform in the top 25 percent of similar buildings nationwide! Thank you for being a part of our sustainability story by taking simple actions to cut energy waste – like turning off the lights in empty rooms, and reporting energy waste to our facility . Here’s to another year of cutting energy waste, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and doing our part to protect the environment – together!