Congradulation's to Brielle Kilpatrick for finding the First Pawkemon of the new year! Way to go Lions!
Our 7 Habits focus for January is #3: “Put First Things First.”
Students who Puts First Things First: Spend time on things that are most important. Say no to things they should not do. Set priorities, make a schedule, and follow a plan. Are disciplined and organized.
Thursday, January 11th, from 3:00-9:00pm, is SEP Conference night! We are looking forward to talking with you about your child, celebrating their accomplishments, and making goals to help them progress. Please sign up for a time withthe link below to meet with your child's teacher. We can't wait to see you!
*Note: If you would like to sign up via a mobile device, you cannot edit it without the Google Sheets app (which is a free download).
1. Click on the Google Doc link.
2. In the top right corner is an edit button (looks like a pencil). Click on it.
3. A message will pop up with a button that says "USE THE APP." Click on it, and it will take you directly to the Google Sheets app at the app store.
4. Download the app. Once that is done, you can edit the Google Doc.
A big thanks to Payson High School Drama class for performing Elf the Musical at our school! The students and stuff loved having you with us. Way to go Lions!
Congratulations Macy Lara and Amy Smith! They synergized and found this week’s Pawkemon. Way to go Lions!
Congratulations to Mr. Rawlings for receiving the Crystal Apple Award. Wilson loves having you as our principal!
We love working with Mr. Rawlings! He is good at what he does and makes Wilson a great place to work. Our Top 10 list of what he does best looks like this:
10. Shawn is willing to ask for advice. He doesn't claim to know
everything, but works hard to find the answers.
9. When advice is given, he listens and honestly considers what has been said.
8. He is interested in other perspectives and appreciates different points-of-view.
7. Shawn genuinely sees the good in people.
6. He is positive.
5. He always tries to find a way to say "yes" to make things work.
4. He supports teachers. He wants his faculty to know that he values their abilities and dedication to our school.
3. Shawn loves to be in his school. He loves to be in classes. He loves interacting with students. He loves spending time with the teachers.
2. He passionately puts in the time necessary to promote change at Wilson and to encourage the teachers, students, and community to think bigger and be better.
1. He leads with kindness and compassion. He is one of the best people we know. We are grateful he is the captain of this ship!
There was a district surplus of sliced cheese. On Friday, December 1st, starting at 1:30 P.M., you are welcome to stop by the Wilson cafeteria and pick-up a 5 pound brick of sliced cheese. We are planning on one brick per family until we run out. The cheese has been frozen. It has an expiration date of December 30, 2017
(more pictures available)
El martes 28 de noviembre
En el salón de computación
de la Escuela Primaria Wilson
A las 8:00 am
Les agradeceriamos su puntualidad.
Si tiene alguna pregunta, puede contactarnos al 801-465-6060 y pregunte por Lili o Graciela.
Mark your calendars for the following date:
December 9th 2017 6:30 PM at Peteetneet.
This is a great opportunity to show off our awesomeness to the community! Invite your family, friends, and neighbors to come see Wilson's Students preform their Christmas Concert! Way to go Lions!
(more pictures available)
Mrs. Haskell's class had a special guest come visit for Thanksgiving! Mr. Haskell brought his classroom pet, Crush, a 13 year old Ball Python! The students learned about snakes and got to pet him. Way to go Lions!
(more pictures available)
Mrs. Terry's and Ms. Gibb's Kindergarten class enjoyed Thanksgiving with the help of their room moms. Way to go Lions! Happy Thanksgiving.
On Tuesday, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, our school's students participated in a turkey gobble contest! Students voted for their favorites, and these are our winners. Mrs. Kidd won the teacher gobble off and Mario Benitez won the student gobble off. Way to go Lions! Congratulations, and happy Thanksgiving!
Mrs. Kidd, Joey Adair, Chip Koop, Luz Valdovinos Guzman, Remington Neubert, Mario Benitez, Kamika Wesley, Luke Marostica.
Great job and way to synergize Adam Masterson and Noah Baggaley! Way to go Lions!
A quick reminder that we do have school tomorrow Tuesday November 21 and our holiday break is Wednesday November 22 through Friday November 24 with school resuming on Monday November 27. A special thank you from our amazing PTA in regards to the donation drive it was a huge success.
Way to go Lions! Alycia Acevedo and Marriah Prior synergized and found the Pawkemon this week!
This year Wilson has become a Leader in Me School. LIM teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader.
Content from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a key component of the overall The Leader in Me process. The 7 Habits is a synthesis of universal, timeless principles of personal and interpersonal effectiveness, such as responsibility, vision, integrity, teamwork, collaboration and renewal, which are secular in nature and common to all people and cultures.
The Leader in Me is also aligned to many national and state academic standards. The process teaches students the skills needed for academic success in any setting. These skills include critical thinking, goal setting, listening and speaking, self-directed learning, presentation-making and the ability to work in groups. (theleaderinme.org)
For the month of November Students will be focused on learning about Habit 1: Be Proactive.
"I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.”