Congratulations to our amazing kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Mindy Sumens! Mindy was nominated by Taylor teachers as someone who represents the education profession in a positive aspect and has a true love and commitment to the students. Mindy has taught K-2, 5th and Reading Recovery. She is currently a teacher mentor at Taylor, student council advisor, and team leader. She is an expert in early education, technology, PLC’s, and is a huge advocate for the education world. She and her husband Russ, and their three children, live in Santaquin. She loves any opportunity to be creative, the warm weather of sunny St. George and anything that involves her kids! Congratulations, Mrs. Sumens!
Taylor Elementary is pleased to announce a new addition to our Taylor family. Ms. Meghan Paynter is our newest fifth-grade teacher and has already jumped right in! A Springville native, she has been working at Maple Ridge Elementary as the coordinator for the Volunteer Reading tutor program. She loves the upper grades and has already implemented some fantastic ideas in her classroom. She loves anything Disney (just visit her room), a good Diet Dr. Pepper, and expects a lot of great things from her 5th graders! Welcome to Taylor!
Have you ever looked in the window of Taylor Elementary and wondered what this Energy Star sign is all about? Well let us tell you!
Recently our district applied to earn the Energy Star Certification and out of 44 facilities, ALL 44 qualified! This is amazing feat because in order to qualify a building must score in the top 75 percentile compared against other schools in the nation. We are proud to say Taylor Elementary was one of those 44 facilities in Nebo School District!
"Our staff has embraced the energy conservation program on our campus." said Mrs. Robbins. "We put forth a daily effort to reduce energy use in our building. Simple things like remembering to turn off all technology and turn lights off when not in use has made a huge difference in our building. We have all gained a sense of accomplishment from this recognition. Our students are also learning what it means to preserve natural resources."
We are proud to say Nebo School District has the most certified facilities out of any organization in the state of Utah. We are the Energy Star leader in the state. Taylor Elementary would like to personally thank Mr. Bodie Bradley and Mr. Russell Maughan, our District Energy Specialist, for making this happen!
Teachers from multiple grade levels at Taylor have spent the last few days in SLC at the ’Literacy Promise’ Conference! The teachers have been learning about the best reading and writing strategies from some of the top experts in Language Arts education from around the country. First grade teacher, Mrs. Mayhew says, “ I can’t wait until we get back from spring break! I have so many ideas I want to do to get my kids to write!“ These teachers have been well trained and are excited to implement their new knowledge!
Hi! Congratulations on a very successful Spring Fundraiser! We thought our wonderful supportive parents and Taylor Tiger supporters would like to know what we are using the money that has been raised with our two fundraiser. This year we will be able to significantly improve classrooms with new white boards and help with new kindergarten playground equipment. The teachers all voted on what they needed and they are so excited to be able to receive this for their classrooms. We are so grateful and absolutely thrilled with the amazing support we have received.
Our spring fundraiser was FANTASTIC! We are amazed and so happy so many of you donated to our easiest fundraiser ever! Apparently, you, like us, are more than happy to support our great school by not having “any strings attached” and we are so pleased with the results.Mrs Provstgaard and Mrs Whicker tied for first place with every single student returning their envelopes! Yahoo!!!! Way to go! We will be providing their classes with root beer float parties on Wednesday March 28.There were many classes who were very close to winning. Congrats to everyone.
We will be having our teacher appreciation week April 16-20. There will be lunches, a dessert bar, a PTA breakfast, an extended lunch day with the room moms taking over the class for a half hour and treats for the teachers every day that week. We encourage you to recognize our fabulous teachers and staff during the week of our “super hero teachers”.
We appreciate all the Monday Munchies and PTA lunches, Hero Night, book fairs, class parties, field trips, teacher appreciation, spirit days and so much more that parents have helped with so far this year. Thank you so much.
Check out our PTA bulletin board across from the front office. It has all the current events displayed as well as our “volunteers of the month” which Mrs Robbins reads over the intercom and then we post their info on our board!If you want to be more involved with PTA please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look for us on FB and IG as well under Taylor PTA. Please like and share!!We love our volunteers! ~Cathi Chisholm
LAGOON!: FAMILY LAGOON DAYS THRU NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT - SUMMER FEVER FUNDRAISER Nebo School District is participating in the Summer Fever Fundraiser from March 31st - April 29th. Also May 6th, 13th, 20th, 26th, 27th and the 28th. Using Promo Code NEBO18, a Single Day Passport will be $44 plus tax (Regular Price is $62.99). Using this code will not only save you money, but Lagoon will donate $3.00 per ticket to our schools education foundation.
SPRING BREAK! No School next week. April 2 - April 6th
YEARBOOKS! We are still selling yearbooks! I will send out an email tomorrow giving information on how to purchase one. They are going to be DARLING.! Every class will have a page featuring their class as well as other random pages. They are a great quality keepsake for only $10.
Heelys~ Parents, we are having a real problem with Heelys. They are not allowed at school! Will you please make sure if your student has a pair of Heelys, they take the wheels out BEFORE coming to school or they do not wear the shoes at all. I have asked teachers to please send the students down to the office if they are wearing Heelys and we will call home for another pair of shoes. Thank you for your support in keeping our students safe at school!
End of Year Testing~SAGE Testing begins this week and goes until May 18th. Please remind your students to get a good night sleep as well as a good breakfast that will help them to stay focused during the testing periods.
If you missed Pre Registration for your upcoming Kindergartner, it is not to late! Please go to Taylor Elementary School Website and click on the REGISTRATION button. Follow the instructions. After completing the online items, bring the required documents to the school. The early registration helps us with determining how many kindergarten teachers are needed for the following year.
Thank you again for all you do to support Taylor Elementary! Have a wonderful week!
- ~Taylor Elementary will hold Parent Conference on Thursday, March 15th from 3:30 - 8:30pm. Teachers have called individual parents to schedule specific conferences that will last 20 minutes and we are now opening up the SIGN UP Genius to all parents who would like to meet with your student's teacher for a 10 minute conference. Due to the topics that may be discussed this conference, we are asking that students not attend. If you need some where for your student to go while you are having a parent conference, we will have a movie playing in our music room with two Latinos In Action Jr High students supervising.
- If you have any questions about the conferences or have trouble signing up, please call us. 901-465-6050.
- Kindergarten - 3rd Grade Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-taylor
- 4th and 6th grade Sign Up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-march1
- 5th Grade Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-march2
- Because 5th grade has a little different schedule, they will be doing conferences all day and all afternoon. You are welcome to sign up to see all 3 teachers at a time or just 1 teacher.
- ~If you, your neighbor or close friend has a Kindergarten student for the 2018-2019 school year we will be holding our Kindergarten Pre-Registration on March 20th. Please note this is a pre-registration and will not replace the August 1st registration that we have all students participate in. Please see more information below:All Students who will be registering for Kindergarten for the upcoming year will need to be Pre-Registered online.Follow the Online Registration instructions on our Taylor website http://taylor.nebo.edu/registrationThe window will be open to begin that process on Monday, March 12th. This window will stay open until the last day of school, May 25th. Your student will need to be pre-registered before you bring in your documents on March 20th. We will be here from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. If you need help or are not able to pre-register, we will have computers available to help you on Registration Day. Please bring your student with you on March 20th for a quick assessment.
- ~Book Fair is this week! The hours are: 8:30 to 9:00 am and 3:15 to 3:45 pm. Thursday night until 6:00 It will be open at lunch Tues ~ Thurs 11:45 - 12:30 for any student that has an adult with them and/or money.
- ~PTA Fundraiser~ Don't forget to turn in your PTA Fundraiser Envelopes! The class with the most envelopes turned in will win a root-beer party! Turn in the envelope, money or not, to your student's teacher for credit. The final day to turn in envelopes is March 22nd.
- Upcoming: March 12 - 15 Book Fair
- March 15 Parent Conferences
- March 16 NO SCHOOL!
- March 19 Term 4 begins
- March 19 SCC at 12:30
- March 20 Kindergarten Pre-Registration
- March 21 Dental Varnish
- March 22 Kindergarten and 6th Grade Graduation Pictures
- March 27 4th Grade Field Trip
- April 2 - 6 Spring Break~NO SCHOOL
- April 9 1st grade Field Trip