March 14, 2018 at 8 A.M. Bring your grandparent (or mom, dad or anyone you want) to come join us and have some fun. Please RSVP 801-472-1011.
- ~Taylor Elementary will hold Parent Conference on Thursday, March 15th from 3:30 - 8:30pm. Teachers have called individual parents to schedule specific conferences that will last 20 minutes and we are now opening up the SIGN UP Genius to all parents who would like to meet with your student's teacher for a 10 minute conference. Due to the topics that may be discussed this conference, we are asking that students not attend. If you need some where for your student to go while you are having a parent conference, we will have a movie playing in our music room with two Latinos In Action Jr High students supervising.
- If you have any questions about the conferences or have trouble signing up, please call us. 901-465-6050.
- Kindergarten - 3rd Grade Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-taylor
- 4th and 6th grade Sign Up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-march1
- 5th Grade Sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4fadab2da5ff2-march2
- Because 5th grade has a little different schedule, they will be doing conferences all day and all afternoon. You are welcome to sign up to see all 3 teachers at a time or just 1 teacher.
- ~If you, your neighbor or close friend has a Kindergarten student for the 2018-2019 school year we will be holding our Kindergarten Pre-Registration on March 20th. Please note this is a pre-registration and will not replace the August 1st registration that we have all students participate in. Please see more information below:All Students who will be registering for Kindergarten for the upcoming year will need to be Pre-Registered online.Follow the Online Registration instructions on our Taylor website http://taylor.nebo.edu/registrationThe window will be open to begin that process on Monday, March 12th. This window will stay open until the last day of school, May 25th. Your student will need to be pre-registered before you bring in your documents on March 20th. We will be here from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. If you need help or are not able to pre-register, we will have computers available to help you on Registration Day. Please bring your student with you on March 20th for a quick assessment.
- ~Book Fair is this week! The hours are: 8:30 to 9:00 am and 3:15 to 3:45 pm. Thursday night until 6:00 It will be open at lunch Tues ~ Thurs 11:45 - 12:30 for any student that has an adult with them and/or money.
- ~PTA Fundraiser~ Don't forget to turn in your PTA Fundraiser Envelopes! The class with the most envelopes turned in will win a root-beer party! Turn in the envelope, money or not, to your student's teacher for credit. The final day to turn in envelopes is March 22nd.
- Upcoming: March 12 - 15 Book Fair
- March 15 Parent Conferences
- March 16 NO SCHOOL!
- March 19 Term 4 begins
- March 19 SCC at 12:30
- March 20 Kindergarten Pre-Registration
- March 21 Dental Varnish
- March 22 Kindergarten and 6th Grade Graduation Pictures
- March 27 4th Grade Field Trip
- April 2 - 6 Spring Break~NO SCHOOL
- April 9 1st grade Field Trip
There are certain things that a teacher must never do: Never pour Plaster of Paris down the sink. Never stand on a bathroom scale when teaching your students about pounds and ounces. Never throw a wilted flower away in front of the child who gave it to you no matter how droopy it is. And never forget to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day.
On St. Patrick’s Day, children fall into one of four categories- those who cover themselves from head to toe in green, those who wear one or two articles of green clothing, those who forgot and wear no green at all, and the tricksters. These are the kids who appear to not be wearing any green. But as soon as you point this out to them they shout, “Yes, I am!” then bend over and reveal the two-millimeter stitch of green thread on the back of their shoe.
Every year some children will argue. “Mrs. Killian, so and so pinched me and I have green on!” The child will lift up his/her pant leg or shirt or sleeve to reveal a green sticker. Then I hear something like: “Nuh-huh…did not” “Yes, you did!” “NO! I fake-pinched you.” Four years of college and a master’s cannot prepare you for this stuff! Thank goodness St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Saturday this year.
Riverview SEP Conferences will be held Wednesday, March 14th and Thursday, March 15th. SEP Conferences will be held Wednesday from 3:20 – 5:00 PM and Thursday from 3:20-8:00 PM. You will be getting an email from SignUpGenius. This email will allow you to visit the website, find your child’s teacher (s), and sign-up for the time that is most convenient to your individual schedule. Parents, if you find a need to change your appointment the day of conferences, please contact the teacher so he/she is aware of the change. Thank you.
Kindergarten pre-registration is approaching. This process will be different from past years. Online pre-registration will open March 12th – March 23rd. On Wednesday, March 21st, parents may come to the school. The computer lab will be open to assist parents in the online pre-registration. Please bring, on Wednesday, March 21st, a copy of proof of residency, a birth certificate and up-to-date vaccinations. The following vaccines are required for students entering Kindergarten:
- 5 DTP/DTaP/DT - 4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday
- 4 Polio - 3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday
- 2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox) - history of disease is acceptable, parent must sign verification statement on school immunization recor
The deadline to order yearbooks is April 9th. Order forms are in the front office or they can be ordered online also.
To purchase a Yearbook online please go to: YBPay.lifetouch.com. Enter code: 10708318
Letter from PTA
As a fellow parent of children at Riverview Elementary I am reaching out to you to ask for your help!
The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and the PTA is preparing to host this years PTA Carnival on Monday, April 30th. The Carnival was a great success last year and we are anticipating much success this year!
To ensure the success of the Carnival we need YOUR help.
The following three areas are the areas where we need immediate assistance.
The roles identified below need to be filled ASAP (fortunately much of the leg work has been completed already) – please respond by Friday, March 9th:
1. Activities Committee Chair (committee members will be needed too, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will take the lead of the activities component of the Carnival. We have potential vendors identified already. We need your help making the carnival FUN.
2. Food Committee Chair (committee members will be needed too, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will oversee the food component of the Carnival by determining what will be served, as well as overseeing the preparation and distribution of food items.
3. Marketing Committee Chair (a committee member has volunteered, but the Chair is crucial) This committee will assist in providing already created materials to teachers and parents through print media and social media.
4. Ticket Committee Chair (committee members have already volunteered) This committee will oversee the presale of tickets, distribution of tickets, and ticketing at the event.
5. Donations Committee Members (a volunteer is already chairing this committee) This committee will assist in contacting businesses to seek donations for silent auction baskets, prizes and food. Materials are already created to assist with asking for donations.
DONATIONS – ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES:
If you know individuals who manage or own local businesses and would be willing to ask them for a donation to the school, please let us know immediately! We will provide tax receipts to businesses.
If you have an item or skill that could be added to a gift basket that you are willing to donate, please let us know immediately.
If you have access to the following activities and can donate them or help provide them at a discounted rate, please let us know immediately:
- Ponies – Pony Rides
- Pig – Kiss A Pig
- Bounce Houses
- Dunk Tank
- Candy Canon
- Bubble Balls
- Face Painting
- Or other activities that you have access to – let us know what they are!
To ensure the Carnival is a success it requires MANY volunteers. We will have a variety of volunteer needs and shifts, so if you will have some availability on April 30th and are willing to help out – please let us know immediately.
I am excited for the opportunity to continue to help our school develop and provide outstanding opportunities to our children. Your consideration and support of the Carnival by volunteering, donating to, and attending, is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions or would like to assist in any of the ways described above, please contact me.
Riverview Elementary School
PTA Fundraising Chair
801.369.1982 (text or phone calls welcome – please leave your name in the text or voicemail)
Riverview School website
Riverview Facebook & Instagram
Please continue to check the website for additional information.
- March 12th – Kindergarten online pre-registration made available
- March 14th – 15th – SEP Conferences
- March 15th – Last day of 3rd term
- March 16th – No School
- March 19th – First day of 4th term
- March 20th – Champions Challenge Rodeo @ 1:00 p.m.; SCC mtg. @ 3:30 p.m.
- March 21st – Kindergarten Pre-Registration, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- March 23rd – PBIS Good Citizen Reward
- March 27th – Kindergarten School Pictures
- March 30th – Make Your Mark Assembly @ 2:30 p.m.
- April 2nd – 6th – Spring Break; No School
Mrs. Angie Killian
Principal, Riverview Elementary
Don't forget that the Book Fair is now on! It will run form March 12-15
Check it out!
March is our final SEP conference, and for those who are new to the Larsen, we run the final conference a little different than our October and January Conferences. We call it the walking report card, and what takes place is students bring their parents during the conference time and show them the different skills they have learned throught the year. Conferences will be held on March 15th, and will run from 3:00-5:00 pm, as well as 5:30-7:30 pm. Please choose a time that is convenient to bring your child and celelbrate in all of the successes.
Brockbank is happy to announce their Bronco Best Students for February.
Back; Bronco Gordon, Kade Loreen, Jacqueline Moses, Saquiri Medina Quiroz, and Connor Thorpe. Middle; Oaklie Wride, Jose Romero, Stela Youd, Melina Brancolino, Calder Robinson, Lilja Bryson, Adan Gonzalez, and Principal Larraine Nelson. Front; Colin Peine, Tate Crandall, Lakisha Guzman, Rhett Walburger, Dane Roach, and Syarria Byrge. Absent from photo Julieta Cruz Acosta.
Every Friday, "Praise Notes" are read during morning announcements. These students are called to the office and get thier picture taken. Students can earn a "Praise Note" by being caught doing kind things throughout the school and classrooms.
#NeboHero #focusonstudents #studentsuccess #empoweringstudents #engagestudents
(more pictures available)
Green Ribbon Week will be March 26th-30th
Monday: Be “Super” safe! Wear a superhero costume, hat or shirt. No masks please. Pledge to be safe on the streets by sending back your signed Student Pledge to the school for a green “Frootie” and to be placed on our “Pedestrian Safety Tree”. Also, tie your green ribbon on a place that will remind you to be safe- on your backpack, lunch box, bike, scooter etc.
Tuesday: CrAzy Sock Day! You will receive a bike reflector when you draw your footprint on the green half sheet of paper and return it to school to include in our “Safe Path” through the halls.
Wednesday: Wear Green Wednesday! The classes that have 100% of the kids and teacher wearing a green shirt will be entered into a donut drawing. Seven classes will receive donuts. One class per grade level!
Thursday: CrAzy for Safety! Wear crazy hair or a crazy hat and return your filled out “Pedestrian Safety Quiz” to the school to be entered into a drawing for a new bike helmet.
Friday: Team up for Safety! Wear sports attire and walk to school in groups for safety. Meet the UVU Mascot and receive a small prize for those who walk to school. Afternoon kindergarten students who walk to school can go to the office for their prize.
Kindergarten Pre-Registration begins March 12th for all children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018.
Pre-registering your student in March allows schools to accurately plan for the coming school year. Thank you for your support!
Parents can bring required documents and pick up a kindergarten packet (book and flashcards) to Park school March 21, 2018 from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm after completing the online registration. There will also be a computer lab available this day for those who may not have access to a computer at home.
*Immunizations (all shots must be complete before first day of kindergarten) link to immunization info
*Two proof of residency- (i.e; Mortgage statement, rental agreement, city bill, power bill, cell phone bill, etc.)
*Any custody or court documents you would like on file
You will be able to complete the registration process and sign the online forms beginning July 25, 2018, along with registering any other students this day. We invite you to bring your kindergarten student on August 1st to a kindergarten assessment.
(more pictures available)
Mrs.Bingham's 2nd grade class enjoyed making ice cream as a physical change science experiment led by Mrs. Bateman. We learned the difference between physical and chemical changes and how to follow the Scientific Method to plan, conduct and analyze an experiment.
(more pictures available)
Last week was National School Breakfast Week, and our amazing lunch room staff made it a fun and motivating week for the kids. The best day was Friday when the teachers were invited to enjoy breakfast with their students in the cafeteria. The kids were so excited to see their teachers coming to eat with them! They had big smiles on their faces as they grabbed a tray and found a seat by their teacher. Breakfast is such an important thing to get your day started off right!
(more pictures available)
Many Riverview students participated in the Principal 200 Board Parade!
(more pictures available)
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! We at Barnett Elementary celebrated the favorite childhood author's birthday on March 2. Students and teachers were invited to dress up like their favorite book characters to celebrate the day. There were read alouds, and readathons! Special thanks to the Community Action Center for donating books to every student to take home! We appreciate what you do for our kids and their education.
We still have openings available for the fourth sessions of after-school clubs. We are also offering a track club...Wednesdays, 20 openings at no charge. We also have spots available in:
- Monday - Sign Language & Superhero
- Tuesday - Spa and Healthy Lifestyle
- Friday - Princess Club
Clubs are different for each session.
Click on the following link:
Brookside Elementary Student Lead Conferences will be held, Thursday, March 15th. The PTA is providing dinner at 5pm for the teachers. If you can help out with bringing a food item it would be appreciated. Please click on the link below to sign up. Thank you so very much!
This week we have been celebrating National School Breakfast Week. The students have been busy entering our art contest all week. There were so many great pieces of art turned in that it was very difficult to choose winners. We did come up with 6 winners, 1st Grade Brooke Engle, 2nd Grade Etta Kmetzch, 3rd Grade Sawyer Grover, 4th Grade Rhett Morrison, 5th Grade Jens Cutler, and 6th Grade is Sabrina Southern. Great job to everyone that participated, we have amazing artists at Brookside.
(more pictures available)
Our Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences will be held on Wednesday, March 14th at East Meadows Elementary. Please see the attatched flyer for scheduled times.
Art City Students in Mrs. Luther's class show they are Safe, Respectful and Responsible by the choices they make every day while in school. They earned ten Eagle Bucks and redeemed them for their picture with friends on the school website!
(more pictures available)
Breakfast was a popular meal at our school this past week. We even had some special visitors. Officer Slaymaker and Miss Spanish Fork both made an appearance to help pass out prizes. Special thanks to our lunch ladies for their extra time and effort!